The Golden Circle & Friðheimar
Golden Circle Iceland
This best-selling tour of Iceland's most famous landmarks includes a visit to Friðheimar greenhouse. The classic Golden Circle with a sustainable twist!
The tour starts with a visit to Fridheimar greenhouse where we learn about the magical methods of managing pests by using biological controls. We also learn how to grow delicious tomatoes in a eco-friendly way with the aid of geothermal heat which Iceland has in abundance.
After Fridheimar, we stop at Geysir geothermal area. The Strokkur geysir shoots a column of water up to 30 meters (98 ft.) into the air every 4-8 minutes in a thrilling display of nature’s forces.
The visit continues with Gullfoss waterfall, created by the Hvítá river, which tumbles and plunges into a crevice some 32 m (105 ft.) deep.
Thingvellir National Park
We also visit the historical and geological wonder that is Thingvellir National Park. Here the American and Eurasian tectonic plates are pulling apart at a rate of a few centimetres per year. Thingvellir is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Difficulty: Very easy|
What is included
- Bus fare
- Professional local guidance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Admission to Friðheimar greenhouse
- Optional add-ons include tomato soup or Bloody Mary.
- Remember to dress according to weather
- Warm clothes, waterproof jacket, and sturdy shoes are recommended
- We recommend bringing thermal layers, a winter hat, scarf, gloves, and wearing warm socks for colder days
English: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday